An overview of NOURISH and what to expect in this course
“Food isn’t like medicine, it is medicine, and it’s our number one tool for creating the health we deserve” – Dr. Mark Hyman
In this course, you will be viewing food as the information it is within the broad spectrum of its many connections to your mood states, over-all health, lifestyle and your vitality. From nutrient dense foods that provide some of your best food choices, to the ill-effects processed foods can have on your body. You will gain a deeper understanding of why your food is way more than just the calories you consume.
From a Functional Nutrition perspective, meaning whole systems biology, you will discover how food deeply affects the matrix of your body, mind, and spirit. This nutrition course is intended to connect many complex parts of your whole.
You will come to understand the role of macronutrients within your diet, demystifying any myths you may have heard along the way about the fears of fats or the taboos of carbohydrates. Learn once and for all what may be and what may not be the best choices for your unique needs.
- Nutrient dense nourishment and how-to add-in more nutrient dense foods from within the many powerhouse foods available.
- How to determine the qualities of the foods you choose with simple strategies.
- How fats play a healthy role in your mental outlook.
- Why protein is a powerful enhancer for up-lifted moods.
- The healthy role carbohydrates play in sustainable energy.
- How to build a stronger and more robust immune system for good health and vitality.
- The biology of cravings and how to break a negative cycle
- How to add more IN rather than taking things out.
- Why cravings are an excellent tool of communication for the change you want.
- How to disentangle cravings that are beyond food when food is used as a crutch.
- Tapping into the wisdom of your natural blueprint for design.